For many Western New York area soccer players and their families, finding the right environment to grow, mature, and maximize their child’s potential as a soccer player is the first and most crucial decision in their development. Our WNY Flash Academy Premier Program offers girls & boys born from 2003-2015 an incredible opportunity to play and compete locally and regionally.
MISSON & GOAL
A top priority for our staff is to assist our players through the Premier Program, fulfilling each player’s individual goals as a soccer player. Our goal is to ensure development on and off the field for each player through the following:
- Ensuring a highly competitive and enjoyable curriculum
- Training & competing on unparalleled facilities such as Sahlen’s Sports Park, Flash Fields, West Seneca Soccer Complex, Epic Center, and ECC North.
- A professional coaching staff devoted to giving back to the future of the game
- A positive club culture that is based on a tradition of success, teaching players many life skills such as teamwork, communication, discipline, work ethic, and sacrifice.
- Competition platforms that challenge players to help them reach their personal goals of playing at the collegiate level, in conjunction with our College Placement Program.
- Providing college guidance & assistance through our College Placement & Preparation program, and SportsRecruits, a student-athlete college recruitment software program.
- Form teams through annual tryouts or approved through individual evaluations.
- Provide foundations and fundamentals for all players looking to begin or continue along with their development in preparation to play at their desired levels.
- Focus on a player-centric design where decisions are made based on players. We will prioritize the technical, tactical, physical, and psychological development of individual players on a pathway towards maximizing their full potential. Our Premier teams will foster and create an environment where players are able to grow, develop, and improve through continual player evaluation.
- Implement & maintain a philosophy and methodology that puts players’ individual development at the center of our focus. As a player develops through our carefully designed curriculum, training sessions, and games, teams will thrive. Players will benefit from a balanced approach of winning, competing, and developing through the “Flash” style of play. These approaches will allow players to be introduced to several positions, systems, and formations so that every individual can become a more complete player.
As players move from the small-sided games to 11 aside at age U13, we shift our focus. This is the time that specializing players to ensure they are maximizing their skillset with regard to systems and positions is cemented. Player development to continue to master their technical ability and begin to become more of a student of the game through the tactical side of the game. Enforce the pillars of our Flash legacy, so players will become more prominent on an everyday basis and the expectations for all training and games: discipline, work ethic, teamwork, respect, sacrifice, and willingness to compete.
- Season begins in September through the end of June.
- 2-3 local or regional tournaments*
- Local indoor leagues throughout the winter*
- Professional licensed coaching staff
- Participation in local and/or Regional League consistent with the teams level of play; i.e. Great Lakes Alliance (GLA) and NYSW Thruway League*
- Players U13 and up have the ability to either begin/continue their high school careers while still playing for the WNY Flash Academy. This is important from a leadership development standpoint, as well as a community and social experience.
In summary, we know each and every player has different aspirations, and whatever that may be as a premier player with the WNY Flash Academy, we will provide the programming for you to get there.
*Not included in Club Fee